ACT Test Prep
Quantum Prep works with students to develop the requisite math, English, reading, science and writing skills needed for success, while helping students to master test-taking techniques proven to improve scores by reducing common errors and creating better opportunities to select correct answers.
- We Come to Your Preferred Study Location
- Offer Flexible Scheduling to Meet Your Needs
- Evaluate and Analyze the Student’s Skills and Goals
- Establish a Realistic Timetable
- Develop Customized Learning and Lesson Plans
- Deliver Well Paced, One-on-One Targeted Instruction
- Help Students Master Test-Taking Techniques
- Evaluate and Report Progress
- Conduct Student – Parent Conferences
When to Begin Preparing for the ACT
High school students generally take the ACT exam sometime during their junior year. While many students begin formal ACT Prep in their sophomore year, it is highly recommended that students attempt a formal assessment of skills at least 3 months prior to their first attempt.
Quantum Prep offers personalized, ACT test prep services to students throughout the calendar year.
In-School ACT Prep Programs
Quantum Prep provides custom SAT and ACT Prep programs for Massachusetts and Connecticut public and private high schools.
Courses are taught on campus, during the school day, as part of the standard curriculum. These very affordable and effective programs are specifically designed to support the individual student as well as the school’s college preparatory goals.
Contact Us to see if your high school will be offering a Quantum Prep program this year!
ACT Registration and Test Dates
The ACT test dates are offered in September, October, December, February, April, June and July. You must register for an exam a month prior to test date. Late registration is available but requires and additional fee. Upcoming ACT Test Dates.
About the ACT
Now mandatory in more than a half a dozen states and preferred in over a dozen, the ACT is an increasingly popular alternative and/or supplementary college admissions exam.
In 2011 the ACT surpassed the SAT in number of total test takers. The test covers English, Math, Reading, Science and Writing (Optional). This test is very different than the SAT and test taking techniques are exponentially more important to success.
Introduced in 1959, by University of Iowa professor E.F. Lindquist, the ACT is focused more on directly measuring a student’s grasp of the subject matter taught in high school as opposed to gauging their aptitude for transitioning that knowledge to academic success at the university level.
Ready to get started? Just complete the Tutor Request Form
Have Questions? Quantum Prep can help.
Feel free to Contact Us for further information and assistance.
- The New SAT Test is Almost Here: What Do You…Five Ways to Reduce Test Taking Anxiety, and to Stay…The college admissions process is in full swing, and it’s…“When I sought out Quantum Prep, I was two weeks…As part of our continuing series designed to unveil and…I hate being called a tutor. It’s not that I…Are you going to be a victim of the College…“I want to be a normal college student. I no…