Breaking the Tutoring Stereotype
While playing the role of academic rescuers is something we at Quantum Prep are very familiar with and accomplished at, tutoring is not just for the struggling student.
Here are five of the best ways tutoring helps students in both their personal and academic lives.
1- Go Beyond Your Expectations
It’s how good students become great students. A real tutor gives you the best opportunity to reach your academic potential by helping you to understand the material in deeper and more meaningful ways.
At Quantum Prep, we don’t just answer student’s questions and call it a lesson. We provide a true supplement to the course material by filling the learning gaps with new perspective, additional resources and the kinds of insight and test taking skills that only experienced classroom educators can provide.
2- Prepare for Your Next Big Step
Need a high grade on an AP or other qualifying class? Switching to a new major and need to learn some new skills to make the switch? Going to graduate school after a break and need to brush up on some of your more challenging fundamentals? There is no reason to take your next step alone.
Quantum Prep is as goal-oriented as you are. Our individualized lesson plans are tailored to address your unique concerns, and help you to succeed at whatever academic challenge you may be facing.
3- Get Ahead of the Class
Facing a tough class with a busy academic or personal schedule? That is where a great tutor becomes a powerful ally!
At Quantum Prep, we will prepare an appropriate set of primer lessons to prepare you for the course you will take. And, not only will we prepare you to handle the material and get ahead, but also show you how to successfully balance your workload from your first day of class to your last day of finals.
4- Try Something Extraordinary
Forget about classes that you must take, what about the classes you want to take?
Often students have great interest in subjects they have little academic background in, but feel they are too challenging or represent an unnecessary risk to their GPA.
Tutors can give you the courage to expand your horizons.
At Quantum Prep, we excel at helping students overcome the “knowledge gap” to successfully traverse new territory with confidence. So, go ahead, learn about global warming, Thoreau’s political views or even how energy is the fabric that binds the universe? With Quantum Prep, you have the support you need to take any academic leap.
5- Improve your ”Whole Student”
Students can go through their entire academic careers without examining what kind of a learners they truly are.
- Am I reading the textbook the right way?
- When should I be taking notes, how many and why?
- Am I truly listening to my teacher the best I can?
- Should I be asking more questions in class?
- How long should I be studying to get an A, and why do I want one?
- Am I really learning anything?
Quantum Prep knows that academic success comes from both a passion for knowledge and the techniques to master that knowledge. Let us show you how to become a more efficient, effective learner while finding joy in all your academic endeavors.
Ready to get started? Just complete the Tutor Request Form
Have Questions? Quantum Prep can help.
Feel free to Contact Us for further information and assistance.
- Refer a Friend Give a friend a free tutoring lesson and…“When I sought out Quantum Prep, I was two weeks…As part of our continuing series designed to unveil and…I hate being called a tutor. It’s not that I…Are you going to be a victim of the College…“I want to be a normal college student. I no…“My classroom teachers were a mixed bag ranging from completely…This question was posed by a medical student on The…[caption id="attachment_288" align="aligncenter" width="1500"] Worcester Public High School's youth men's…[caption id="attachment_280" align="aligncenter" width="1920"] The novelty has worn off as…